Just the thought of flying long distance (>10 hours) makes me claustrophobic. Over the years, I've assembled a chic travel kit to get me through. Each time I fly, I add something to the list. As I prepare to jet off to South Asia (to hunt for mystic finds, of course), I wanted to share my long airplane ride list, in no particular order:
1) Noise cancelling headphones: Boss Quiet Comfort 35
Sync all your devices (tablet, phone, computer) with headphones before your flight.
2) Warm layers that include at least one layer of cashmere: White+Warren Travel Wrap
$300 dollars for a travel blanket you ask?! Trust me, it's so worth it. I've had mine for three years and it's going strong.
3) Warm socks - ???
I've tried so many types of socks: cashmere (not washable for return flight), compression socks (ouch), etc. and I haven't found my go to. Leave a comment if you have a recommendation on a pair.
4) Tablets with downloaded content: iPad, Kindle
Audio - podcasts and spotify playlists on all my devices
Video - movies and shows from Netflix and Amazon (I hope more will follow. Ahem, HBO, Hulu? I'm looking at you)
Visual - research books that pass the time and download them
5) I learned this the hard way, but an adjustable tablet stand: AmazonBasics Adjustable Tablet Stand
6) Anker Four Port USB Charger
A must for long flights. With this bad boy, you don't have to switch off charging your computer, tablet, phone, kindle.
7) Sanitizing Wipes: Purell Fresh Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Yes, it's true. I am one of those people you see that furiously wipes down anything and everything around her she might ever touch on a plane. While I am brand agnostic, I make sure it says 'Kills 99.9% of germs' and that the product is meant for skin (not surfaces).
8) Speaking of dry skin, really thick and rich hand lotion. Haven't committed to something that's moisturizing, non-greasy and has very little or no frangrance. Again, please leave a comment if you have a recommendation.
9) Beauty Facemasks. Long plane rides are my time to really get to know all my beauty box (BirchBox, Etsy) products that collect dust in my bathroom. My skin gets so dry on the plane, so I try layer moisturizers on my face. But in case all my products end up disappointing me, I always keep two SKii Facial Treatment Masks on hand for the round trip. If you don't want to commit to the hefty price tag of a box, Sephora sells singles.
10) Surgical Facemasks. With an especially aggressive cold and flu season, you can never be too careful. If I so much as hear someone around me sniffle on a plane, my Daiso mask goes on for the entire flight. Daiso is a Japanese discount 99 cent store. They are located in most metropolitan areas.