These totes are hand dyed (using natural dyes), hand woven and hand stitched by a Mexican co-op, where this type of weaving tradition is generations old and is typically used to make rugs. In this famous Oaxacan town, there are approximately 5,000 weavers. It is estimated that less than 20 workshops are still using natural dyes. We are extremely excited to support this ancient tradition, which is going extinct.
This tote is made from wool and sturdy leather (for the handles). The inside is lined with durable cloth and there is an inner zippered pocket. The straw stitching on the handles and the folded stitch on the bottom are elegant details.
This large U-shaped purse can be used as a travel tote, laptop bag, office purse or city bag. If used as a laptop bag, it will snugly fit a 15 inch MacBook Pro vertically (see pictures) .
- Handwoven in Mexico by a co-ed co-op
- Wool is colored with natural dyes
- Material: 100% wool and cloth lining
- Cloth lining colors: black bag has pink cloth lining; yellow bag has mustard colored cloth lining.
- Will snugly fit 15” MacBook Pro vertically
- Approximate Dimensions (without handles): 15”H, 14.5"L, 3.5"W (bottom width)
- Approximate Dimensions (with handles): 24.5”H, 14.5"L, 3.5"W (bottom width)
This item does not qualify for free shipping.